Hello Merri Gardeners and Friends,
We’ve a busy-bee coming up this Saturday 28th May from 9.30am – 12.30pm at the Merri Corner Community Garden, 194 Donald Street (corner Harrison Street), Brunswick East.
There’s something for all, and all are welcome. Come down for the whole stint or just pop in for a bit. Busy Bees are not all about hard work, there are plenty of opportunities for other fun stuff – bring some morning tea to share, catch up with your fellow gardeners for a gab about growing and meet some new friends.
Jobs going are –
- Planting winter vegies in between fruit trees
- Drainage works – checking everything is looking a-ok for the wet weather ahead
- Finishing off garden edging around the fence line – lay boundary sleepers.
We’ll also have a discussion session about Composting, Planting Ideas for the Northern Verge and for the Raised Garden Beds at the entrance to the garden at around 10am.
Here’s a schedule for Busy Bees for the rest of the year, and we’ll have these up on the website/Facebook/noticeboards at the Garden soon, so mark your diaries, green-thumbs!
2011 Merri Corner Community Garden Busy Bees:
– Sunday 26th June
– Saturday 30th July
– Sunday 28th August
– Weekend of 24th/25th September – proposed Spring Festival
– Saturday 29th October
– Sunday 27th November
– Break for December / Christmas Fun
Hope to see you all down at the garden on Saturday, or some other time soon!