The next Merri Corner Community Garden BUSY BEE is this Saturday 24 September. We’ll have two shifts this time, from 10.00am to 1.00pm then 2.30pm to 4.30pm.
There’s no rain expected and it will be cloudy and 18 degrees so we’ll have ideal conditions for Busy-Bee-ing!
It’s the second to last one for the year so we’re making a push to get compost moving, prepare communal beds and put some plants in the ground.
Here’s the wish list:
– finish moving soil & compost into raised beds
– distribute compost to plot holders and start a new load
– weed and mulch the perimeter and paths
– prepare communal beds near woodpile
– transplant poppies & herbs into raised beds and rhubarb from plots into communal beds
If there’s time and enough people we might also cut the grass on eastern verge, and level and mulch the area next to the tank.
If you have a spare hour or so please join us.
Next year there’ll be less construction so we’ll hold busy bees only four times a year (phew!).
See you down the garden this Saturday in your best work gear,