Hello Merri Gardeners and Friends,
As the weather is heating up, the Busy Bee activity is cooling down – we will have our last Busy Bee for the year next Sunday 27 November at the Merri Corner Community Garden, corner of Donald and Harrison Street, Brunswick East.
Between 10am – 12.30pm we’ll be tackling the following jobs – there’s something for everyone here:
– raking out Tuscan topping/gravel in the entrance area
– levelling soil and laying newspaper and mulch next to tank
– mulching paths
– hanging hooks for storage of tools in the shed
– turning and chopping up compost
– Snail Blitz (wear your best snail smashing shoes!)
All are welcome. Come down for an hour or so, or a bit longer if you like – we don’t expect you to stay all day!
From 12.30pm – 2pm we’ll have an end of year BBQ to catch up and spread some early Christmas cheer and we’d love to see you there. Snags and vegetarian options will be provided, please bring a plate of sweet treats or a salad to share.
And from 2pm – 4pm there’ll be an afternoon shift to finish off any remaining Busy Bee jobs.
See you down at the garden,